AIDA 3 ADVANCED FREEDIVER
The Advanced Freediver course builds on the skills you learnt in the previous level. You will reach deeper into the theory of freediving to understand the physiology and techniques behind diving deeper. The course is designed to improve your freediving performance and develop new skills and a higher knowledge of safety procedures and techniques. The course will also develop the capacities necessary to independently plan and participate in freediving activities with similarly experienced freedivers. This course runs over 3,5 days.
- One theory session
- One breathing and relaxation sessions
- Two confined water sessions
- Four open water sessions (Dunsborough HMAS Swan Wreck)
- Final exam
- Advanced physiology of freediving
- Equalization techniques
- Lungs at depth
- Archimedes Principle and buoyancy
- Shallow water blackout
- DCS and surface intervals
- The mammalian dive response
- Training concepts
- Be 18 years old (16 with parent or guardian consent)
- Have completed the AIDA 2 Freediver course or have completed the AIDA 2 Crossover Evaluation if crossing over from other freediving agency.
To successfully complete the Advanced Freediver course you will have to perform a 2:45 minutes breath-hold, swim 55 m underwater with fins and freedive to 24 m in open water. At the end of the course, you will be able to freedive comfortably to depths of 25 - 30 m.
Students with particular physical conditions (listed in the Medical Statement that you will receive) that may affect the own safety, must seek the advice of a physician prior to engaging in the freedive activities.
COST: $ 550 (equipment not included)
What to bring?
Full wetsuit (better if between 4 and 5 mm)
Weight belt and weights
Lunch for the first day only