AIDA 2 FREEDIVER
This course is specially designed for confident snorkelers or swimmers that want to learn freediving and gain a solid freediving theoretical knowledge base and learn the basic freediving techniques. The course builds a proper foundation helping the student to familiarize with the skills, knowledge, safety procedures and enjoyment of freediving. This course runs over 2,5 days.
- One theory session
- One breathing and relaxation session
- Two pool sessions
- One equalization session
- Three open water sessions
- Final exam
- Scienze of freediving
- Freediving breathing cycle
- Basic physiology of freediving
- Equalization techniques
- Safety in freediving
- How to prevent blackout and loss of motor control (LMC)
- Freedive techniques
- Equipment in freediving
- Freediving disciplines
- Be 18 years old (16 with parent or guardian consent)
- Be able to swim 200 m no stop without fins or 300 m no stop with fins, mask and snorkel.
To successfully complete the Freediver course you will have to perform a 2 minutes breath-hold, swim 40 m underwater with fins and freedive to 16 m in open water. At the end of the course, you will be able to freedive comfortably to depths of 15 - 20 m.
Students with particular physical conditions (listed in the Medical Statement that you will receive) that may affect the own safety, must seek the advice of a physician prior to engaging in the freedive activities.
COST: $ 390 (equipment not included)
What to bring?
Fins (not necessarily freediving fins)
Weight belt and weights
Lunch for the first day only