AIDA 1 INTRODUCTION
This one day course is designed to be an introduction to freediving for complete beginners. It will open your mind to a new way to be underwater.
You will learn the very basic of freediving, how to breathe properly, before and after a breath hold, how to take a full breath before the dive, how to duck dive, finning, buddying. You will learn about the main risks and dangers and how to prevent them. You will also learn some basic safety techniques.
- One theory session
- One breathing and relaxation session
- One confined water session (static breath hold)
- One open water session
- Freediving breathing cycle
- Relaxation techniques
- Basic equalization techniques
- Freediving disciplines and techniques
- Basic of safety in freediving
- Black out and loss of motor control
- Be 18 years old (16 with parent or guardian consent)
- Be able to swim 100 m no stop
There are no minimum requirements to pass the course.
Students with particular physical conditions (listed in the Medical Statement that you will receive) that may affect the own safety, must seek the advice of a physician prior to engaging in the freedive activities.
COST: $ 250 (eqipment not included)
NOTE: This course can be skipped and you can join straight away the next level if you already are a confident person in the water. This means that you go swimming, surfing, windsurfing, kitesurfing, scubadiving, snorkeling etc.
What to bring?
Fins (not necessarily freediving fins)
Weight belt and weights